This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
July is an exciting time during the Summer where cookouts and fireworks are in full swing! While there are some great things to buy in July including laptops, gym memberships, air conditioning units and more, there are certain items that would be best to wait on.
You might find some Fourth of July Sales, but here are (10) items that you might want to wait and buy.
10 Things To Never Buy In July
1. TVs- July doesn’t tend to be the best month for TV’s, so save that for November and January during Holiday sales then if you can wait.
2. Appliances- You might be able to find some nice Fourth of July sales, but beyond that appliances aren’t typically a good buy during this time. Manufacturers release new models and stores drop prices the most to move older products in September and October typically.
3. Grills- If you can wait, grills tend to go on sale at the end of the season during late Summer and early Fall. When the stores need to make room for Christmas things they try to get rid of all their grills at great prices!
4. Sunglasses- It might be hot or bright outside, but these items can be bought for the best deals in September and towards the end of the year.
5. Patio Furniture- We are starting to see some clearance sales on sets and accessories, however these sales will get bigger.
6. Fruit: Apples & Citrus - There is plenty of produce in season to fill your cart, but if you add these items you’ll pay top dollar. They are far out of season which means they are very expensive. Stick with summer vegetables, watermelon, peaches and berries in July.
7. Beach & Pool Gear- While we will see great swimsuits and towel sales this month, you want to avoid anything this clearly labeled for the pool or beach. Wait to buy any beach chairs, tents, toys etc. These are items you want to get after the season ends or right as it’s starting in the spring.
8. Apple Products- This could be a good time for a deal on a new laptop but many items get an upgrade starting in September, so either hold out for new models or wait for big discounts on soon to be older models!
9. Sandals- This is another “beach” type item that is best to wait to buy until Labor Day Sales role around. You probably shouldn’t fashionably wear them after labor day, but living in the south everyday is a great day to wear sandals!
10. Summer Clothes- The best deals on warm weather apparel is yet to come, but now is a great time to buy cooler weather clothing items.
See more Frugal Living Tips.