This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Hot tea is warm, comforting, and perfect for a sick day or for simply winding down in the evenings. You can create a really thoughtful gift for a friend with these homemade tea bags!
Once you’re finished, package them up in a cute box or tin and finish it off with a ribbon. These would be great Christmas gifts, but they’d also be good for Mother’s Day, a birthday, or for someone who needs a pick-me-up.
What you need:
-cone-style coffee filters
-loose tea in the flavor of your choice
-colored pencils or markers
-hot glue gun
-glue sticks for hot glue gun
How to do it:
1. Open up the coffee filters and add about one tablespoon of loose tea into the bottom of each one.
2. Cut pieces of cooking twine (they can be fairly long, about 10 inches; you can always trim them down later) to be used as ties. Close the coffee filters by bunching up the top and sort of twisting it around. Use the ties to make a knot around the bunch to secure it (tie it off at one end of the twine so you’ll have a long string on the other end).
3. Use scissors to trim the top of the coffee filter down.
4. Make strips out of the cardstock (this will be used for the tea bags’ tags). Mine were about 1″x4″. Using colored pencils or markers, draw designs on one end of the strips. Fold them in half and make a crease.
5. Using hot glue, make a dot of glue in the middle of the folded pieces of paper and quickly secure the long end of the cooking twine to it. Add a few more dots of glue on the corners and press down until the glue dries. This creates a personalized tag for your tea bags.
See more DIY Christmas gift ideas!