I made this dinner one night when I didn’t really have a plan in place. This was one of those dinners that I went looking around the pantry and freezer for ingredients that may go together. And now it’s one that we eat often!
This stir fry with Southern veggies is easy and flavorful (and it uses some of my favorite vegetables)! I think it’s fun because sometimes traditional stir fries can get a little boring. And if you don’t like some of the ingredients, simply replace it with something else you do like.
Stir Fry with Southern Veggies
- 1 package kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4-5 red potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 3 tbsp diced onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cut okra
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup lima beans, cooked
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook until the potatoes are almost done, about 10 minutes. Add the okra, corn, and lima beans to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until everything is heated through and the potatoes are done, about 5 minutes. Return the sausage to the pan and serve.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!