This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Walmart officially released a new coupon policy yesterday! There are a few changes that are pretty fun. Please remember that this will take time for cashiers to learn, so it is best to print the policy and keep it with you if you are a regular Walmart shopper.
***To see the current Walmart deals go here.***
Two big changes:
- You should now be able to use Walgreens Register Rewards (they are a “catalina” manufacturer coupon)!
- “Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.”
One other thing to note: They state that they accept competitor coupons that have an actual price for an item. This is not a $1 off coupon, but a coupon that states that the item costs $1. We get A LOT of coupons like this in the Walgreens weekly ad. This is not technically new, just want you to understand what they mean.
Walmart Coupon Policy
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):
- Manufacturers’ coupons
- Print-at-home internet coupons
- Must be legible, have “Manufacturer Coupon” printed on them, have a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and have a scannable bar code.
- Competitors’ coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price
- for example, $2.99
- Soft drink container caps
- Checkout coupons
- (also called “Catalinas”) that are printed at our competitors’ registers, have “Manufacturer Coupon” with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
Walmart does not accept the following coupons:
- Print-at-home Internet coupons that require no purchase
- Competitors’ coupons for dollars/cents or percentage off, buy one get one free, and double- or triple-value coupons
The following are guidelines and limitations:
- Only one coupon per item is permitted.
- Coupons must have an expiration date and be redeemed prior to expiration.
- Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase.
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise that we sell.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase.
- We accept the following with Customer Service Supervisor/Management approval:
- 40 or more coupons
- Any coupon over $20
- $50 or more in coupons in one transaction
(thanks to everyone that emailed!!)