This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Starbucks gives you a lot of control with gift cards! You can add money to your card, or move cash around between different registered gift cards in your account. If I get a card for my birthday or Christmas, I go in and register it to my account, and then move all the money onto the card that I always keep in my wallet so it’s all in one place.
Each time you make a purchase with your card at Starbucks, you get a star! As you accumulate stars, the perks get better and better. Here’s the breakdown:
Welcome Level Perks (1-4 stars)
– Free drink on your birthday
Green Level Perks (5 stars +)
– All Welcome Level perks
– Free syrups and milk options for your beverage
– Free refills for brewed coffee or tea
– Free Tall (12 fl oz) beverage of your choice with whole bean purchase
– Free trial offers and updates
Gold Level Perks (30 stars+)
– All Welcome and Green Level perks
– Free beverage with every 15 stars you earn
– Special Customized Gold Level card
– Personalized offers and coupons
If you frequent Starbucks, this is the best way to save a little money!