This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Target released a new batch of coupons yesterday, along with their great $5 off 4 Kellogg’s Cereal coupons. These are all manufacturer coupons, so they can be used anywhere. Go here to print any you want.
They are a limit of one print per computer. Target also appears to be taking them down once the overall limit is reached, i.e. they decide to give out 20,000 and once those are gone, the coupon is gone whether you printed it or not (this is also the same way it is done on Coupons.com, Smartsource and RedPlum).
$1 off Propel water beverage 6 pack, 500 ml bottles
$1 off Almay Color Cosmetic
$1/2 Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
$1 off Kashi frozen entree
$1 off Kashi frozen pizza
$1/3 packages Keebler Cookies
$1 off Mitchum Deodorant
$1 off Purina Cat Chow
$1/2 Purina Friskies Party Mix, Whisker Lickin’s or Fancy Feast Appetizers
$1 off Purina Dog Chow, Original, Little Bites or Healthy Morsels 17 lbs+ bag
$1 off Purina Beggin Strips, Busy Bones, Tbonz, Cheweez, Snackin’ Slices, Purina One Biscuits
$1 off Revlon Colorsilk Haircolor
$1 off Revlon Eye Color Cosmetic
$1 off Revlon Face Color Cosmetic
$1 off Revlon Lip Color Cosmetic
$1 off Revlon beauty tool (great to use at Publix!)
$1/2 Starkist Pouch
$1 off Tidy Cats
(thanks Couponing to Disney!)
As folks start to use these at stores around town, many of you are having to defend the coupon to the cashier. Here are a few things to try.
First point out:
- “Manufacturer’s Coupon” printed at the Top
- Bar Code is a Manufacturer Bar Code and will scan at any store (vs a store coupon which would only scan at the store it is coded for)
- There is mail in redemption information, so the store can know how to get the money back.
If you are at Publix:
- Compare these to the same coupons they release in their coupon booklets that say “Redeem at Publix” they know the coupons can be used anywhere, this is the same concept.
- Compare them to Catalina coupons that have other store logos on them, that also scan (because they are manufacturer coupons). The store management should be fully aware that these are redeemable by any store that submits them.
For stores other than Publix:
These stores are going to be leary, they have never taken competitor coupons and will have a general fear of this new fangled thing.
- Point out the first three things
- Then just ask them nicely to scan it to try and see
If you try these things and they don’t take it then politely take your coupon back. Remember that once a cashier has made up their mind there is little you can say or do to change it. That includes yelling, etc. (My children know the same to be true about me).
These stores will learn that these are okay, but it is going to take them some time.