This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Last week, I used my Silhouette machine to make a really fun holiday project for my girls. I grabbed some festive Christmas cardstock for about $4 and made my own custom Advent Calendar. Each day contains a little note with an activity to get us in the Christmas spirit. If you want to win your own Silhouette, enter our Giveaway!
Here’s what you need:
(6) 8.5×11 sheets of festive cardstock
(1) small sheet of yellow cardstock
Cube Box template from the Silhouette online store (99 cents)
Star template available in the Silhouette library (comes with machine)
Small strips of paper for handwritten notes
Put it all together:
- Download the cube box template from the Silhouette Online Store and scale it down to make 24 1-inch boxes. A total of 4 boxes fit on each page of cardstock. Use your favorite font to cut the numbers 1-24 into the top of each box.
- Assemble the boxes (this is a cinch because the Silhouette machine even perforates the folds for you!). Glue the boxes together in the shape of a Christmas Tree and line the lid of each one with scrap paper so that the number show through.
- Top it off with a 3-D star by adding a slit halfway up two star shapes and fitting them together.
- Fill each box with a note, candy or small trinket
I’m really looking forward to giving this to my kids and the daily excitement of each little activity!
Some activities I put in our Advent Calendar:
Make hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows
Color a Christmas picture
Bake cookies and decorate them with sprinkles
Watch a Christmas movie
Take a drive and look at Christmas lights
Sing Christmas Carols
Heads Up: Silhouette downloads will be 49 cents each on Black Friday- Cyber Monday! Plus don’t miss the huge cyber monday deal.