This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of TABASCO® Original Red. All opinions are 100% mine.
I was recently sent a bottle of TABASCO® Original Red with the challenge of creating a recipe and sharing it with you all. Might not seem like much of a challenge, but there was one stipulation that you link it to pizza.
Growing up in the south we ate Tabasco sauce on a lot of things but pizza was one I have never tried. There is always a first time though. Thanks to a few friends’ recommendations, Buffalo Chicken Pizza became my recipe of choice. In the line of everything around our house, I managed to find a healthy version!!
Low Fat Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizza
2 Tbsp Tabasco Original Red sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
3/4 cup Celery, thinly sliced
4 Pita Rounds
1/4 cup Tomato sauce, canned
1/2 cup low-fat Cheddar or Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
1 Tbsp Fat free Blue Cheese Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the Tabasco Original Red, mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Divide into two.
- Mix chicken and one half of the sauce mixture; let marinate 15 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in skillet over medium high heat, until browned and just cooked through, 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining sauce mixture and the tomato sauce.
- Put chicken and sauce and celery pieces evenly on 4 pitas, top with cheese.
- Bake until heated through and the cheese melts, 10–12 minutes.
This yields 4 servings, each 4-5 Points Plus (depending on how much cheese you add).
It is important with any recipe to choose a brand of hot sauce that is more than just heat. Tabasco Original Red is so much more than hot it helps to enhance the flavor of what you are cooking.
For me, I now have something to eat when everyone else is munching on bowl game snacks and high calorie pizza! For more game day plans check out the Tabasco Game-Day Party Menu (you can get a coupon there too!).