My Coupons don’t print! What should I do?
New to Couponing?I'll explain everything!
Over one quarter of my email is from readers that have problems printing coupons from one of the big coupons sites or from direct links to coupons on manufacturer’s sites. Sadly there is not one answer than fix everyone’s problems. Here are some tips to try to help though
Try these tips to see if any will work
- Download a new version of Java.
- Go to the website for your printer’s manufacturer and see if they have a new print driver you can download and install.
- Try switching web browsers. Firefox or Safari are two other great browsers and are free.
- Your firewall may be too strong. Try turning off your firewall, printing, and then turning it right back on.
- If your internet runs through a router in your house, try hooking the computer you are using directly to the modem or internet. This is to test whether the firewall in the router is too strong.
- If you use a MAC - many sites do not support Internet Explorer on Macs. Please only use Safari and Firefox.
- If you have Windows 7 - Very few sites support printing with ANY browser on a Window’s 7 platform. Hold tight and they will support you eventually. If you still have your old computer then use it for now just for printing.
It says I’ve already printed the coupon and I know I haven’t
Printable coupons have master print limits. When the 100,000 they have decided to release have been printed the coupon is no longer available. When you see this screen it generally means the print limit has been reached.
My coupons printed without a barcode or with missing information.
The coupon will not work without a barcode. This is usually an issue with java on your computer so try the steps for printing issues to see if you can get barcodes to start printing.
How many can I print?
Most coupon sites allow you to print two coupons per computer. Print one and then go right back in and print a second if you need/want it.
Can I make copies?
NO! Printable coupons have individualized security features in each coupon. If you make a copy the store might unknowingly accept, but they will not get reimbursed for it from the manufacturer. It will be caught as fraudulent by the coupon clearinghouse.