This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Now is the time that many of you are probably starting to get ready for spring break for you and your family. And if you’re trying to live a frugal lifestyle, you know that it can be a little bit tricky sometimes to plan an exciting vacation. But there are some ways that you can save money on your spring breaks while making sure you also have fun!
Here are some of my tops ways to save some money on your spring break vacations.
5 Ways to Save on Spring Break
1. Look for hotels that offer a fridge and microwave in your room. This way, you can bring a few grocery items and make meals or snacks there (consider maybe making breakfast or lunch in your room and then do something fun for dinner). Also look for hotels that offer free breakfast or have kids eat free deals.
2. Never underestimate the power of a state park. My family absolutely loves them and they are way cheaper than staying in hotels. You can pitch a tent and lots of state parks also offer cabins. Enjoy hiking, campfires, canoeing, swimming, and more. Find one close to other local attractions and you can enjoy all kinds of things for much less than simply staying in a hotel.
3. Find free things to do in your vacation city. Basically every city has fun parks, historic sites, museums, and more that don’t cost anything. I’ve made a bunch of lists of fun things to do in popular cities like Atlanta, Charleston, and more, so check them out to get some ideas.
4. Buy tickets online to save money on attractions. Lots of times theme parks, special events, public transportation, and more have deals on their websites. Look for percentages off and BOGO deals.
5. Staycations can really be a lot of fun. It may not sound as exciting as Disney World, but lots of times we get so bogged down in life that we fail to appreciate the beauty in our own cities. Do something each day that you and your family wouldn’t normally do. You can have fun and learn at the same time. To kick it up a notch, book a room in a hotel and have a family slumber party there.
What are some ways that you and your family save on vacations?
See more frugal travel ideas!