Are you staring at a bunch of basil and aren’t sure what to do with it? Make some pesto! It’s easy and it brings a bright and fresh flavor to pasta, chicken, veggies, or whatever else you’d like to put it on.
I like to mix a little with mayo and spread it on a turkey sandwich. It turns a classic lunch into something a little more special.
- 1/3 cup nuts of your choice (I used pine nuts, but you can use almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small pan over medium heat, toast the nuts until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, add the basil, garlic, salt and pepper, parmesan, and nuts. Blend until well combined, pushing down with a spatula if needed.
- With the processor running, slowly add the olive oil until everything is combined and reaches a more creamy consistency.
- Serve with pasta, grilled chicken, veggies, or anything else you'd like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!