If you’ve got veggies and a protein, you can make stir fry! Stir fries are quick and they’re great because you can basically use whatever you have on hand. Really, you just can’t go wrong with a bowl full of veggies. And it’ll be way better than takeout!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb NY strip, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sriracha
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef strips. Cook the meat until seared and browned and cooked to your desired internal temperature. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onions, bell peppers, broccoli, and squash to the pan. Cook until veggies are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, sriracha, and honey and stir until well combined. Continue to cook until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced, about 5 minutes. Add the beef back to the pan and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice and, if you'd like, with extra sriracha.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!