See I told you, this would help!
- SC = Store Coupon
- MC = Manufacturer Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- RMN = Retail Me Not
- PG = Proctor and Gamble
- WYB = When You Buy
- B1G1 = Buy One Get One Free
- .75/1 = 75 cents off one item
- .75/3 = 75 cents off three items
- EXP = Expiration Date
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Boneless chicken breasts are on sale again this week for $1.99 a pound. I love to stock up during this sale. One of my favorite ways to cook chicken breasts is on the grill. Now I know that in a lot of families the grill is usually the man’s domain. My sister does not know how to turn on her grill. If you know how to use the grill or can get your grill master to teach you, it can be a lifesaver. With our great weather in SC you can grill out 9-10 months of the year. Let the kids play in the yard while you cook dinner
- Teriyaki Chicken with Warm Ginger-Carrot Slaw
Despite the fact that the recipe has three stars, we love the marinade. I don’t do the slaw, I usually serve the chicken with Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles. I don’t put as much hot sauce as Rachael Ray recommends. It is to spicy for the majority of people in our house. Pasta is only $0.88 this week. I also add extra veggies.
- Another good grilled chicken recipe is from Cooking Light, Best BBQ Chicken Ever. OK again three stars, but I like it a lot.
- The next one I found in one of those little Martha Stewart magazines at the checkout, Every Day Food. It’s a Light General Tsos recipe. It has become a FAVORITE in my house. I usually double the chicken and the sauce.
- My son is taking a cooking class at the Young Chefs Academy. He is very picky and I hoped this would get him to try new things. Amazingly he has. Last Monday he came home raving about this sandwich.
2 cups pre-cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/2 cup bottled or homemade bbq sauce (see below)
1 loaf (16 oz.) French Bread, split
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken, carrot, and bbq sauce over medium heat until bubbly.
2. Spoon chicken mixture onto bottom half of bread loaf. Top chicken mixture with cheese and place on baking sheet.
3. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Cover with bread top and cut into serving pieces. Makes 4 servings.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
Whisk together 1/2 cup ketchup, 3 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp. onion salt, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. Heat in microwave.
- I saw this recipe online today. I have not tried it but it looks good and is a weight watchers recipe. Using chicken, pasta, grape tomatoes: Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes
- Using eggs, frozen spinach, bacon and cheese you can whip up a great quiche. Use a Pillsbury pie crust, a frozen crust or if you are whiz in the kitchen make your own. Thaw and drain the spinach, dice and fry the bacon, layer spinach, bacon and cheese in pie crust. Beat together 3 eggs and a cup of half and half. Pour over pie crust and bake at 350 degrees until eggs are set. I made one Sunday morning with all above ingredients plus mushrooms.
- Ground Chuck is also on sale and to me chuck makes the best burgers especially on the grill.
- Latest Articles