Use up your ripe bananas by making these blueberry banana muffins! They’re easy to make and the best part: they’re topped with delicious streusel.
Note: I like to mash up half of the blueberries with a fork before adding to the batter (I feel like it gives the whole muffin a more blueberry flavor). This is optional!
Blueberry Banana Muffins Recipe
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup blueberries (optional: mash up half of the berries with a fork for a bigger blueberry flavor)
- for the streusel topping:
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cool to the touch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-count muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and then sprinkle the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder over the flour. Stir everything together until just combined (try not to over mix).
- Fold in the blueberries.
- To make the streusel topping: add all topping ingredients to a bowl (butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt) and combine with a fork or your fingers until it resembles a course crumb.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly in the muffin tin and sprinkle evenly with the streusel topping.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!