Calling all noodle lovers! These chicken and zucchini dragon noodles are spicy, savory, a bit sweet, and so delicious.
You’ll be making this dish with an easy shortcut: instant ramen noodles! Don’t worry; you don’t need to use the spice packet. Also, feel free to adjust the amount of heat according to your taste.
Chicken & Zucchini Dragon Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 packs instant ramen, seasoning pack removed
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- In a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add the olive oil and butter.
- Add the chicken the pan, spread out evenly, and allow to cook on one side (without stirring), until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking on the first side, make the sauce. In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and sriracha. Stir together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the sauce to the chicken and stir. Allow the chicken to cook through fully while the sauce thickens and evaporates slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
- Go ahead and start the water for the ramen noodles in a separate pot. Cook according to package directions (usually you'll boil for about 3 minutes).
- Add the zucchini and onion to the skillet (the one the chicken cooked in) and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in half of the green onions, half of the chopped peanuts, and the cooked chicken. Pour in the sauce, reduce the heat slightly, and allow to gently simmer.
- Drain the ramen noodles and add to the veggie and chicken mixture. Stir continuously until the noodles are coated in sauce and everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve and top with remaining sliced green onion and chopped peanuts.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!