You are going to love this soft and creamy Chocolate Mousse with a hint of coffee in each bite! Community Coffee asked us to make a fun recipe with their coffee, so I wanted to go with something the entire family could enjoy (I try to not hand the two year old full cups of coffee).
Now let’s talk chocolate amazingness!
When I say this is an easy recipe, I mean it. My girls made this with almost no help from me. I was just there to say “yes those are whipped enough”. So put the kids to work and let them make dessert for you!
You'll love the hint of coffee in each bite. It goes perfectly with the chocolate! There is a hint of sweetness but it's not super sweet with only 2 tablespoons of sugar in the entire recipe.
If you like sweeter desserts I would recommend just adding more fresh fruit. We used strawberries and blackberries, but mandarin oranges, blueberries and many others would taste great too!
- 1/4 cup hot coffee brewed or espresso
- 10 oz Semi-Sweet Bakers Chocolate
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 4 Eggs, room temperature (whole eggs not just yolks)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- optional toppings
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Fresh Fruit
- Whip the cream to form light peaks (around 3 minutes on medium high speed).
- While cream is whipping, brew your 1/4 cup of coffee. (Just drink the rest, no one wants to waste coffee).
- Set cream in refrigerator while you complete next steps.
- Whip 4 eggs and sugar together until thick and fluffy (around 10 minutes on medium high speed).
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Cook for 30 seconds on high, stop and stir, then another 30 second stop and stir. If it needs more time cook for 10 seconds at a time after that. Work quickly once chocolate is melted.
- Stir hot coffee and melted chocolate together in a large mixing bowl (we melted chocolate in the mixing bowl).
- Quickly stir in the eggs and then fold in the whipped cream until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon into cups and chill for 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
If you want, grab two graham cracker pie shell and turn it into two pies! You'll have enough for two pies with the filling and the whip cream topping.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
How do you feel about chocolate for breakfast? We may have eaten this today… there is egg and coffee in it, so that makes it perfect right?!
easy caffe mocha mousse