This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
These grilled barbecue chicken skewers make for a great weeknight or weekend meal! Marinate the chicken for a bit before grilling for a super flavorful entree.
Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers
- 4 chicken breasts (about 2 lbs) or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2-3 tbsp BBQ seasoning, divided (see note)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Cut the chicken into strips (about 3 per breast).
- In a gallon-sized bag, add the ingredients for the marinade (olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning). Add the chicken strips, mix everything together, and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers (2 or 3 pieces per skewer). You can use metal skewers or wooden ones (if using wooden ones, make sure to soak them in warm water for at least 30 minutes before grilling).
- Season all sides of the chicken on the skewers with the remaining BBQ seasoning,
- Place the skewers over direct heat on your grill, turning every 3 minutes, and basting with barbecue sauce between every turn.
- Pull the chicken off the grill when the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Brush with one more coat of barbecue sauce and serve!
- Note: There are many brands of BBQ seasoning available to purchase in grocery stores. You can, however, make your own by mixing together different seasonings: paprika, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!