Quiche is one of the ultimate foods: you can basically use whatever ingredients you have, it’s great for any meal, it can be used at parties, and it’s also really yummy.
Note: I used a store-bought crust, but feel free to make your own if you’re feeling adventurous.
Broccoli and Sausage Quiche
- 1 9-inch store-bought pie shell
- 1/2 lb ground sausage, uncooked
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced broccoli
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk, cream, or half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Partially blind bake your crust by baking it in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until just slightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- In a medium skillet, cook the sausage until fully browned (break it up into small pieces while it cooks with a wooden spoon).
- Remove the sausage from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- In the same pan, add the onion, broccoli, and bell pepper. Cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slighty.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and cheese until combined. Add the sausage and vegetable mix to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for 35-40 minutes until the middle is set and the top is slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!