These chicken and grain lettuce wraps are healthy, quick, and so delicious.
To make it super easy, this recipe uses those 90-second microwavable whole grain pouches you can buy in the rice section of your grocery store. Plus, use whatever veggies you prefer in the filling!
Chicken & Grain Lettuce Wraps
- big romaine lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry (you can also use butter lettuce)
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pound ground chicken
- pinch of salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 90-second microwavable grain pouch (like quinoa, brown rice, spelt, etc.)
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add the butter and diced squash, onion, and carrots.
- Let the veggies cook for a few minutes until slightly soft (about 5 minutes) and add in the ground chicken. Season with a pinch of salt (not too much since the soy sauce will be pretty salty) and pepper. Crumble the chicken while it's cooking and cook until browned.
- Add in the soy sauce and honey and stir to combine. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer until reduced and thickened slightly.
- While the chicken mixture is reducing, cook the grain pouch in the microwave.
- To serve, add a spoonful of grains to the lettuce leaves and then a spoonful of the chicken mixture. Eat like a taco!
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!