Warmer weather calls for grilling! These easy chicken skewers are put together with veggies and then glazed with a sweet and savory soy glaze.
Use whatever veggies you’d like! You can also use a grill pan or even a cast iron skillet inside if you don’t have a grill.
Grilled Soy-Glazed Chicken Skewers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 sesame oil
- Arrange the chunks of chicken, squash, bell pepper, and onion evenly onto skewers (we used metal grilling skewers, but if you use wooden, you'll need to soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling).
- To make the glaze, mix together the soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and sesame oil together in a bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill and brush with the glaze. While you're cooking, baste the skewers with the glaze every couple of minutes.
- Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through (165 internal temperature). Remember to keep basting.
- Serve with rice or a salad!
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!