This homemade chicken divan skips the canned soup and uses fresh ingredients to make a super yummy and creamy dinner.
Plus, this recipe also calls for rotisserie chicken meat! It’s easy and makes for great leftovers.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups lightly steamed broccoli florets (they will continue cooking in the oven)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a medium-sized casserole dish with butter or spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Continue whisking for one minute until the mixture is thickened and has turned a blonde color.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste and the ground mustard. Continue whisking until the mixture is thickened, about two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the sour cream and shredded cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted.
- Add the broccoli florets and shredded chicken to the casserole dish and top with the cheese sauce. Gently stir and sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through and bubbly. Serve hot over cooked rice.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!