This vegetable beef soup really eats like a meal! It’s filled with meat and veggies, has a great flavor, and is perfect for when you’re wanting something comforting.
- 1 lb stew beef meat
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10 oz bag frozen mixed veggies
- 2 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 10.75 oz can tomato soup (such as Campbell's)
- 1 32 oz carton beef broth
- 1 tbsp bouillon base (such as Better Than Bouillon), chicken or beef
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Season the beef chunks liberally with salt and pepper.
- I like to brown my meat before adding it to the slow cooker (the browned edges gives more flavor), but this is optional: in a skillet over medium high heat, add some vegetable oil and brown the beef chunks on all sides until a deep golden brown color, about 6-8 minutes total.
- Add the beef, onion, celery, garlic, mixed veggies, potatoes, tomato soup, broth, bouillon base, and worcestershire sauce to your slow cooker. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!