I feel like pasta with these kinds of flavors (cucumber, feta, etc.) is usually served cold, but I discovered that it’s really delicious when you serve it warm as an entree, too.
I like to make each person’s serving in a container with a lid (add the ingredients, close the lid, toss to combine, and pour it on a plate). That way, every person gets the amount of each ingredient that they prefer and the ingredients don’t get soggy by sitting in a big bowl together.
Warm Greek Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- 16 oz pasta, cooked (penne, bowtie, or rigatoni)
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, grilled chicken, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic, oregano, and sugar until well combined. While continuously whisking, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture until everything is well coated.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!