This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Combine a classic oatmeal cookie with the flavor of fall to create a new favorite: pumpkin oatmeal cookies! The simple glaze makes them even better.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tsp water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter with both sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl down and add the oats. Mix once more until just combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to drop dough onto the baking sheets, making sure to leave some space in between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the glaze. Mix together the powdered sugar and a couple of teaspoons of water until completely smooth. Add a couple more teaspoons of water if needed. The glaze should easily drizzle, but not be too thin.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the cookies.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!