While it’s fun to try more advanced recipes in the kitchen sometimes, I love a good simple meal. You know, the ones that can be whipped up in about 15 minutes on a busy weeknight?
This sausage pasta is that. The cooked sausage makes for a super flavorful sauce and the peas give it a yummy and light sweetness.
Super Simple Sausage Pasta
- 1/3 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 package andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage on both sides. Add the frozen peas and cook until the peas are heated through (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet along with the parmesan and about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Stir until everything is combined. Serve hot.
- Tip: I always reserve 1 cup of the pasta water just in case I want to make it a little more saucy. Add about 1/2 cup to begin with and then adjust to your desired consistency.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!