This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Over one quarter of my email is from readers that have problems printing coupons from one of the big coupons sites or from direct links to coupons on manufacturer’s sites. Sadly there is not one answer than fix everyone’s problems. Here are some tips to try to help though.
For more answers to common coupon questions go here.
First, Many links are browser specific:
I already change any links for readers using Internet Explorer (IE) or FireFox (FF) as their browser. These are listed as printable (IE) or printable (FF).
If you run across a link surfing the internet here’s how to change it yourself:
See the “vg”? That is one little part that makes this link only work in Firefox. If anyone tried to print it in another web browser it would sit on the “sending to printer” screen indefinitely.
Want to make it for Internet Explorer?
Change the “vg” to “vi”
Want to make it for Safari?
Change the “vg” to “xs”
Sometimes the link will have a “wg” this works the same, just change the “wg” to “wi” for (IE) or to “xs” for Safari.
That’s great but I can’t print from any link!
Try these tips to see if any will work:
1. Download a new version of Java.
2. Go to the website for your printer’s manufacturer and see if they have a new print driver you can download and install.
4. Your firewall may be too strong. Try turning off your firewall, printing, and then turning it right back on.
5. If your internet runs through a router in your house, try hooking the computer you are using directly to the modem or internet. This is to test whether the firewall in the router is too strong.
6. If you use a MAC – many sites do not support (IE) on Macs. Please only use Safari and Firefox.
7. If you have Windows 7 – Very few sites support printing with ANY browser on a Window’s 7 platform. Sorry. Hold tight and they will support you eventually. If you still have your old computer then use it for now just for printing.
For more information on questions related to couponing go here.
Do you have another tip that worked for you?