This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Happy National Teddy Bear day! If today has you thinking about the one and only Build-A-Bear Workshop, you may be wondering how you can save some extra cash. You can easily walk into the store and come out with a $50 stuffed animal…
Now, I don’t know about you, but I have 5 girls and this momma is not up to spending that much on stuffed animals! Thankfully, I’ve got some great tips that can help you plan ahead of time and know what to look for when you head to the store.
8 Tips For Saving at Build-A-Bear
1. Join the Build-A-Bear Workshop Rewards. Yes, almost every store these days has a rewards program and like most, it pays to be a part of it. It’s free and easy to sign up online or in the store. You’ll be in the know for when coupons are released and when they have sales. Plus, you’ll earn 1 point for every $1 you spend! Points will be awarded on all regular, sale and gift card purchases. This is a super easy tip that you don’t want to miss out on using!
2. Check for coupons online. Once you get signed up with an account and start getting their newsletter, you’ll have the advantage of knowing all the sales and coupons available. You can also check out their website where they have a dedicated coupon page.
3. Shop for gift cards online. If you haven’t started shopping with Raise yet, you’re missing out! You can shop for hundreds of discounted brands’ gift cards and you’ll be able to save most right to your phone. Simply scan the bar code from the app on your phone at check out Right now, I’m seeing gift cards for 16% off and the best part is you can stack this with sales and coupons because it’s your own money on the card! Costco members can also get gift cards regularly on sale around 20% off.
4. Buy discounted gift cards during holidays. Usually around Christmas and Easter, you’ll be able to buy discounted gift cards when you meet a spending threshold in the store. If you meet the amount needed, you can purchase gift cards around 50% off their value!
5. Check for clearance clothing and accessories. If your go to area in a store is the clearance section, then I’m sure your keen deal seeking eyes will be able to spot the clearance clothing and accessory area in your Build-A-Bear store. This is great place to grab those cute outfits and not fork over $20+ for an outfit! Sadly, not all stores will have a clearance section, but keep your eyes peeled for it!
6. Shop Online, Stuff Locally. Head to the Build-A-Bear online store and shop sale items and look for coupon codes before checking out. Right now you can get free shipping with a $40+ purchase and the Traditional Cocoa Bear is on sale online only for $10.50. My favorite tip, is you can order the bears “unstuffed” and take them into any local store and stuff them for FREE! Your kids get the experience and you got the best possible price. We find clearance deals regularly, so watch for sales and tuck them away. You can stuff them years later if you want. You can also find stuffed animal outfits on Amazon and Ebay!
7. Re-stuff an old Build A Bear. Do you have an old Build-A-Bear animal lying around that has seen better days? You know the one your kid can’t live without and well, it’s missing a bit of “fluff”. Head to a Build-A-Bear store and they’ll re-stuff the animal for Free!
8. Buy two for one price. Try to never miss the Build-A-Bear 2 for 1 sale. When they run the sale you’ll usually find a few options to pick from, so you can mix and match if you’re buying for two kiddos or get your child to make two and send one to another family or friend as a present.
What’s your favorite way to save at Build-A-Bear?