This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
People often ask me “what are the best ways to get coupons?”. I use a variety of ways and make to sure to see out or find more of the one I know my family will use on items we love. Here are 8 tips on getting coupons, and no the Sunday paper is not the only option when it some to getting coupons.
8 Tip on Getting Coupons
- I get 4 coupon inserts for my family of 7. I order mine online from Sundaycouponinserts.com which come from a paper in the Tampa, FL area. It has a lot more coupons than my local paper would have. Check the weekly insert schedule to see what inserts you can expect each week.
- I print coupons that I might need when I see them online rather than the week of using them- mostly because you never know when you will want it. If it expires before you use it odds are it is either no longer offered online anyway or they have probably reset the limits so you can print it again.
- I check all magazines that come in the house for extra coupons and coupon flyers throughout. Many titles like Better Homes and Gardens and Ebony have coupons most months.
- As I walk through the grocery store any coupons I see in the dispensers around the stores or on a display (not coupons on items) I grab. I have an empty baggy with me or I just drop them in my purse to organize later. I can come home with more coupons than I used this way. Rarely will you use them that day, it is much better to wait for a good sale to match them with.
- As you enter most stores look for coupon books (esp. Publix). Most coupons in them are Manufacturers that can be used anywhere — even if they say “Redeem at Publix”. If the words Manufacturer’s Coupon and a double bar code are on them they are fair game for any store.
- This one I have not done but it is a great way to get more inserts… A friend of mine has been able to get numerous Sunday inserts for free using freecycle. Be sure to check and see if there is one in your city and to register. This is a first come first serve type of deal so you have to keep an eye out and email quick when you see something you want!
- Sign up online for free samples of products and they usually come with a coupon or two as well. All this takes is your time of filling in your address and then it makes checking the mail a lot like Christmas. We got free brownies, splenda, oatmeal and deodorant all in the same week!!
- Lastly if there is a coupon for a product that we LOVE and it is a good coupon (i.e. 50¢ or $1) I will sometimes order extras of it through The Coupon Clippers.
Do you have a coupon source I didn’t mention? Please share.