This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Florida Residents (and those close to the border). The state of Florida has issued a sales tax holiday for Hurricane Preparedness Supplies now through Thursday 6/6.
You can shop locally and even online at Amazon and not pay any sales tax on participating items.
Grab batteries, tarps, coolers and ice chests, bungee cords, first aid kits, generators and other items that you would want should a hurricane come through the area.
All Participating Items
Selling for $10 or less:
- Reusable ice packs
Selling for $20 or less:
- Any portable self-powered light source (powered by battery, solar, hand-crank, or gas): Candles, Flashlights, Lanterns
Selling for $25 or less:
- Any gas or diesel fuel container, including LP gas and kerosene containers
Selling for $30 or less:
- Batteries, including rechargeable batteries, listed sizes only (excluding automobile and boat batteries): AAA-cell, AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, 9-volt
- Coolers and ice chests (food-storage; nonelectrical)
Selling for $50 or less:
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Radios (powered by battery, solar, or hand-crank)
- Weather band
- Ratchet straps
- Tarpaulins (tarps)
- Tie-down kits
- Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths, and other flexible waterproof sheeting
Selling for $750 or less:
- Portable generators used to provide light or communications, or to preserve food in the event of a power outage
Note: If you shop on Amazon the products must be sold by Amazon and not a 3rd party seller to be tax exempt.