See I told you, this would help!
- SC = Store Coupon
- MC = Manufacturer Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- RMN = Retail Me Not
- PG = Proctor and Gamble
- WYB = When You Buy
- B1G1 = Buy One Get One Free
- .75/1 = 75 cents off one item
- .75/3 = 75 cents off three items
- EXP = Expiration Date
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
The other night I found myself in a dilemma. I had just packed the dishwasher full of dirty dishes when I reached for the box of dishwasher tabs only to discover that the box was empty. I wasn’t going to undo that delicate, puzzle-like arrangement of dishes to do them by hand, but I really needed them for breakfast the next morning.
So, I grabbed a couple household ingredients and made my own detergent! The concoction I made has two ingredients: baking soda and dish soap. That’s it! I pretty much always have those two things on hand and you can always get them both for really cheap after coupons.
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent:
-2 tbsp baking soda
-a couple drops of liquid dish soap
1. In the main well of your dishwasher where you normally add the soap, add 2 tbsp of baking soda (you might use more or less depending on how big your well is).
2. Add a couple drops of dish soap, close the lid of the well, and run your dishwasher like you normally would.
I noticed that this method got everything really clean and I didn’t experience any overflowing suds or residue on my dishes. Let me know how it works for you!
See more frugal living ideas!
- Latest Articles