See I told you, this would help!
- SC = Store Coupon
- MC = Manufacturer Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- RMN = Retail Me Not
- PG = Proctor and Gamble
- WYB = When You Buy
- B1G1 = Buy One Get One Free
- .75/1 = 75 cents off one item
- .75/3 = 75 cents off three items
- EXP = Expiration Date
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Did you know that January is National Slow-Cooking Month? It is! And I know you guys love some slow cooker recipes, so I thought we’d all celebrate together before we let January get away from us.
If you’ve never used a slow cooker (is that possible?), there are three main reasons I love to use one:
1. Easy preparation and easy clean-up. You’re basically dumping ingredients into one pot and letting it sit there until it’s done. And the dirty dish count is, depending on the recipe, one. Okay, maybe two if you’re using a utensil. I suppose you could just stir your recipe with your hand if you really wanted to get crazy.
2. Meat gets really tender. Most recipes created in the slow cooker are meats (which can usually be found on sale!) that may be harder to keep tender when cooking on the stove or in the oven. Cook a roast in the slow cooker and you’ll have a pull-apart-with-a-fork dinner in a few hours.
3. Versatility. Slow cookers aren’t just for roasts and soups. You can cook desserts, potatoes, and pretty much anything else that you’d otherwise cook on the stove or oven.
The prices listed are an average price based on what’s on sale this week so you’ll have something to compare to your shopping list for your local grocery store.
Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff – recipe
sirloin – $4.99 lb
mushrooms – $1.67
cream of mushroom soup – $1
onions – $2.49 (3 lb bag)
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Country Ribs – recipe
pork ribs – $2.99 lb
cider vinegar – $1
ketchup – $1
Loaded Baked Potatoes in the Slow Cooker – recipe
potatoes – $2.99 (5 lb bag)
sour cream – $1
shredded cheese – $1.40
bacon – $3
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup – recipe
chicken breast – $1.99 lb
canned corn – 65¢
canned diced tomatoes – 59¢
green pepper – 68¢
Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa Cake – recipe
cake mix – $1
eggs – $1.50
canola oil – $2.50
See more menu plans!
- Latest Articles