This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Harris Teeter shoppers, don’t miss a new way to save that just rolled out in the last week. All Harris Teeter shoppers can now earn Fuel Points with each purchase of groceries, gift cards, and prescriptions. Then save from 10¢ to $1 off per gallon on your next fill up at participating BP Stations.
How to Earn Points
There are three ways to earn points. There is no limit to the number of Fuel Points you can earn in a month.
- For every dollar you spend in the store you’ll get 1 point.
- When you buy gift cards you’ll earn 2 points for every dollar loaded onto the card (example a $25 gift card = 50 points).
- Each prescription you fill earns 50 points.
Your current fuel points balance is located at the bottom of each Harris Teeter receipt. You can also view point balances online under the My Fuel Points tab, and through the HT app.
How to Redeem Points
For every 100 Fuel Points you earn, you can redeem 10¢ per gallon on fuel purchases at Harris Teeter Fuel Centers and participating BP and Amoco stations. You can redeem up to 1,000 points or $1 off per gallon per fill up. The discount will come off a maximum of 35 gallons (the pump will automatically cut off after 35 gallons).
To get the discount at the pump, scan your VIC card at Harris Teeter Fuel Centers or enter your alternate ID at BP Stations (usually your phone number) before starting to pump. The price will adjust to show your discount before you start to pump.
A Few Key Tips
Everything has fine print… there are two key things to remember to make the most of these points.
- You must earn at least 100 points during the month to use. Points do not accumulate from one month to another. If you earn only 90 points in October, you will forfeit those points and not get any discount from them.
- Points expire at the end of the next month after you earn them. For example you earn 200 points in October, they will expire November 30th. The computer will automatically use your oldest points first if you have earnings from last month and this month.