This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Most of you know that shaving cream is for, well, shaving, but did you know that there’s a lot more that it can handle? It’s got surprisingly good cleaning power on lots of things and the great part is that you an usually snag shaving cream at really cheap prices.
You can see from a previous post of mine that great deals on shaving cream do come along, especially at drug stores. And who knows? With prices at around 49¢ a can, maybe you’ll be able to start stocking up on shaving cream rather than more expensive carpet cleaners or stain removers!
Ways to Use Shaving Cream:
1. Use it to remove stains in carpet. If something has spilled on your rug, blot the spill, squirt some shaving cream on it, and wipe it with a wet sponge. The same technique can be used for spills on clothing.
2. Use it to shine your jewelry. Use a bit of shaving cream on an old toothbrush to gently clean your jewelry.
3. Use it to clean chrome faucets. To get a shiny and clean appearance on your chrome, sponge some shaving cream onto the faucet and wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
4. Use it to remove paint from your hands. Rub some shaving cream into your hands as if you were washing them. Finish up with some warm water and soap in the sink to remove those stubborn paint spots.
5. Use it to fix a squeaky hinge. Since it expands, shaving cream can silence that squeak when you spray a bit of it on the hinge.
6. Entertain toddlers. Spray some on a cookie sheet and practice writing letters, shapes and more. We’ve done this many times! They do need to be old enough to not eat it…
Do you know of other creative ways to use shaving cream?
See more frugal living ideas!