This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Ever since my husband found out he couldn’t eat gluten, we’ve been on the search for good gluten-free snacks. I think we hit the jack pot with Way Better Snacks! We received a case of different flavored chips and he couldn’t quit raving about them. They are kinda like chips and crackers in one. We eat them by themselves and have used them to make nachos and other dishes that ask for crackers as an ingredient.
Way Better Snacks aren’t just gluten free, they have a ton science behind them making them possibly one of the healthiest chips we’ve ever tried. The biggest part to them is that they are “sprouted” meaning that they contain flax seed and other nutrients but the seeds are sprouted before adding them into the chips. You may not realize it but when you eat flax seed or other seeds generally the seeds go right through you with no benefit to your body. It’s nature’s way of making sure that seeds can still grow into plants even if animals eat them. Way Better Snacks actually starts the sprouting process in their snacks to unlock all the vitamins, proteins and other benefits that are inside the seeds!
This was a little more science than my sleep-deprived brain could handle so here’s some top facts about sprouting:
- Converts starch into simple sugars making them easy to digest
- Converts protein into amino acids which are vital for vibrant health
- Converts fat into fatty acids to help keep your cells happy
- Antioxidants and Vitamins can increase as much as 1000%
- Enzymes can increase as much as 800%
- The ratio of soluble to insoluble fiber is better
- Helps neutralize and remove waste from the body
- Coenzymes are created to more effectively absorb Omega 3?s
- The SGS (that’s the good stuff!) in Broccoli seeds is up to 50 times higher than in mature broccoli
- Maximizes nutrient density and is readily bio-available (your body can use it)
Our favorite flavor (they are all awesome, but this one we ate every chip in one siting) was the So Sweet Chili. It has a sweetness but kick to it, that was incredible. Seriously, we love these…
Win a box of chips:
4 Southern Savers readers are going to win a box of all of the Way Better Snacks (a $42 value)!
You have a couple of chances to enter, feel free to do as many as you’d like and leave a different comment below for each entry option.
1.) Which of the Way Better flavors do you want to try?
2.) Like Way Better Snacks and Southern Savers on Facebook.
3.) Follow Way Better Snacks and Southern Savers on Twitter.
4.) Follow Way Better Snacks and Southern Savers on Pinterest.
Winners for this giveaway will be chosen Monday, 10/29.
This giveaway was sponsored by Way Better Snacks, but all opinions are 100% my own.