This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Heads up Teachers and anyone else with a college degree!!
Education First is looking for more teachers to help teach English online to kids in China ages 5 to 10. Education First is the world’s largest private education organization and has helped millions of people since they started in 1965.
Connect from home — or anywhere in the U.S. – and teach the same students week after week. The best part is they just bumped their hourly pay rate. You can now earn up to $20 per hour teaching lessons online!
Set your own schedule so that teaching fits into your life. Students want to book lessons with the same teacher throughout their program, for up to six months. Repeat students offer you a great opportunity to build impactful relationships with students and increase your income.
Key Responsibilities for Teachers
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids ages 5 to 10
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials…and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
- Ability to connect with kids!
- Availability during lesson times for the China time zone:
Peak hours are:
Monday through Friday – 6 to 8:30am Eastern
Friday & Saturday evening – 9 to 10:30pm Eastern.
Classes can start as early as 4 am on weekdays.
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree in any field!
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher): you can get this while applying
- Experience in early childhood development, teaching, coaching or mentoring is preferred, not required. Life experiences count!
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Willing to submit an online background check, at no cost to you
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and wired Ethernet connection
What’s different about EF vs Others:
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including Q&A session
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- Local U.S. EF headquarters for easy communication and payment