See I told you, this would help!
- SC = Store Coupon
- MC = Manufacturer Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- RP = Red Plum
- PG = Proctor and Gamble
- WYB = When You Buy
- B1G1 = Buy One Get One Free
- .75/1 = 75 cents off one item
- .75/3 = 75 cents off three items
- EXP = Expiration Date
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
I know for many of you things are really tight this Christmas. Recently I heard a mom sharing that even getting a tree was an expense they couldn’t handle this year. In spite of all the difficulties I know many of you are still awesome at taking little things and making a household full of decorations and cheer around the holidays.
Home decorating is not my strong suit, but we have found many ways to make our house feel festive for little to no money. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Take a piece of yarn and tie each end to each side of a curtain rod or nail it to a hidden place above your cabinets. Leave a little slack on the yarn, and then put each Christmas card you receive on the string. Within weeks you will be surrounded by beautiful pictures but also by reminded constantly of the other families thinking of you this year.
- Make your own Christmas ornaments! Our Christmas tree is probably 80% decorated with homemade crafts made by my girls. For some great cute ideas check out books from the library, we even found some with ideas using recycling items! The pictures above are two that we’ve made. The sand dollar is one of may favorites, we found it on the beach and my husband drew the palm tree on it.
- Head to local Christmas tree farms and ask if they have any tree trimmings available. Many have a bin that they chunk small branches in and you can take any you like (always ask first). Use these around your house to dress up candles or table centerpieces for FREE!
Now I’d love to know, how do you spread real cheer with your holiday decorating? Please reply below and unwrap coupons and deals from Sears by seeking inspiration in the Cheer Tree. For all your holiday decorating needs and solutions, don’t forget to visit Sears and discover real deals, real cheer!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sears. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Latest Articles