If you want to make something that’ll be super popular for your family or friends, you’ve gotta try this easy cheesy garlic bread recipe.
Mix softened butter with garlic and a few other ingredients, top with some cheese, and you’ll have the perfect side with pasta or, really, any dinner.
Note: The French bread I bought was huge! This recipe will be accounting for a large piece, which I cut in half and then sliced in half again, ending up with 4 pieces. You can adjust the amount of butter, cheese, etc. based on the size of your bread. Honestly, you can’t really go wrong with the amounts. Use your heart to determine how much butter and cheese should go on your bread.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- one loaf of french bread (see note in post about sizing)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a few pinches of salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 3-4 cups shredded cheese (use whatever kind you like. I used a combination of cheddar and parmesan, but colby jack or mozzarella would be good, too)
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the loaf of bread in half and then again (lengthwise) to get 4 pieces.
- Mix together the softened butter, garlic cloves, garlic powder, salt, and italian seasoning in a bowl until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over the bread and then top each piece with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges of the bread are golden brown.
- Optional: sprinkle with chopped green onion.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!