Have you seen the new product in the Grocery stores named Banana Dippers? They sell for $3.50 and have 24 chocolate coated slices of banana in them. For $3.50 do you know how many banana’s you could dip in chocolate yourself? You could dip at least 6 if not more closer to 10!
I say save the money and dip your own. You can actually get creative with this and get your kids involved. My 5 year old can slice a banana using a butter knife and I’ve not met a kid yet that didn’t like to dip things in chocolate.
This will take about 5 minutes and you’ve got a fun and easy snack made.
Easy recipe to make your own Banana Dippers. Takes 5 minutes and simple for the kids to help with!
- 2 Whole Bananas
- 1 bag Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tbsp shortening
- Peanut butter (optional)
- Chopped pecans and/or coconut (optional for topping)
- Place chocolate morsels and shortening into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes until chocolate is melted.
- While chocolate melts, line cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Take melted chocolate and stir to mix together fully. It will be hot, please wait to let kids help until it has cooled a minute or two.
- Slice banana into half inch slices.
- Spread peanut butter on top of slices (optional).
- Use a toothpick to pick up banana slice and dip it into the chocolate.
- Place onto lined pan.
- Cover with topping of your choice.
We topped the peanut butter ones with a different topping than the plain ones. That way you can tell them apart in the freezer!
Created by SouthernSavers.com