The other night I was wanting some roasted potatoes to go along with whatever meat we were having. I started peeling the potatoes and thought, “These would be way better with a creamy cheese sauce….and baked in the oven.” So that’s what I did.
This is my quick and easy version of scalloped potatoes. It goes well with basically any meat and is great to bring to potluck dinners.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- olive oil
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4" slices (using a mandolin slicer is the easiest way to get uniform slices)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 cups grated cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the milk until it's gently simmering. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic powder, paprika, and 1 cup of the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and gently stir and lift the potatoes to incorporate the sauce. Top with the remaining 1 cup cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and everything is bubbly. Let cool a few minutes before serving.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!