Some brownie recipes call for a bit more steps, but this one-bowl brownies recipe dirties up only ONE bowl and creates a super chocolatey, easy, and fudgy dessert.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter in the microwave until it's liquid and pretty warm to the touch (45 seconds-1 minute).
- Add the sugars to the bowl and stir until everything is incorporated and some of the sugar has started to dissolve (it will still be a bit grainy).
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. You'll want to sort of fold the ingredients together very gently at this point (if you stir too much, the brownies will be more like cake instead of fudgy) until they just come together. It took me about 28 gentle stirs to reach this point.
- Add the batter to the greased pan, spread evenly, and bake until the batter is no longer jiggly, about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes or longer before slicing.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!