This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
I’m going to bet that for a lot of you dinner can be a stressful thing. Lots of times it’s because recipes seem too overwhelming, or you’re running out of time, or you simply don’t know what to prepare. I wanted to start giving you all one recipe a week that’s simple; these recipes will:
1. use ingredients you already have in your pantry or ones that aren’t hard to find in your regular grocery store,
2. not take forever and a day to make,
3. most importantly, fill your family up.
This recipe for beef and veggie egg noodles was sort of made on a whim. I didn’t really have a plan for dinner, but I did have all of these ingredients in my pantry/freezer. So, I stuck them all together and guess what? It was delicious! My family loved it and it was super simple and quick.
Simple Beef & Veggie Egg Noodles
8 oz egg noodles
½ lb ground beef
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
½ cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
4 tbsp unsalted butter
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1. Cook the egg noodles in a pot of salted, boiling water according to package directions.
2. In the meantime, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Remove any excess fat from the pan. Add the peas, carrots, and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Drain the egg noodles and add them to the skillet along with the butter, salt and pepper to taste, and italian seasoning. Stir to combine as the butter is melting (it will serve as a sauce) and serve hot.
See more frugal recipes!