This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
I was recently sent a very fun package in the mail. The box was huge and opening one box I found another. It was a big black case and when I opened it up, it started talking. My Mission should I accept it was to test the new swiffer to the fullest extent. It even came with sunglasses in a true mission impossible theme.
What a fun presentation for a new Swiffer Wet Jet! The kit came with a mission dossier for me to truly test this out. They have redesigned the Swiffer to make it a better cleaner and easier to use. I was definitely impressed but didn’t really know if the “redesign” was going to make it all that different. To start, you need to know that our floor would not ever be clean if it weren’t for my old swiffer so I don’t know that I needed a redesign, I was already in love.
The mission case came with Jelly that I was to leave on the floor until it dried, but having a walking 18 month old I decided that would be more like finger paint to her. There was already enough food on the floor to challenge the Swiffer so I got work.
- Two jets now spray out the cleaner rather than just one. It spreads the cleaner more even and covers more area.
- The scrub pad that was on the side of the Swiffer has been relocated to the front making it much easier to use! The scrub pad is also a lot larger than before. (This is possibly the most important feature for the food that ends up under the high chair.)
- The handle is now made of metal and feels a lot sturdier in your hands. I don’t know that this makes it any better, it just seems better.
- They have added a no slip eye on the end of handle that lets you hang it from a wall hook. Or it works great to keep the handle where you put it leaning against the wall without falling down.
- They have also done something (I can’t remember exactly) to make it turn easier. I don’t know that I noticed any difference here, but I already thought the old one worked great.
All in all, it is a sturdier design than the older version. It weighs a little more, but that might be because they made the fluid bottle bigger. It definitely got the job done, it went under and around the highchair with ease and the bigger scrubbing pad was wonderful! Now if I only I could teach the 4 year olds to use it…
(this review was brought to you by MyBlogSpark & Swiffer)