This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
On Monday night we talked drugstore deals for the weekly Q&A session. Folks asked that I share how I broke down our transactions and deals, so here’s a video of exactly what we bought this week and the order I bought it.
To spend less out of pocket (aka real money) you want to break up your transactions in CVS. You don’t have to go to 4 transactions, if you are just starting out I would recommend no more than two as you’ll get flustered. Start very small with two items, buy one item get a reward and use that to pay for the next item. Then go home!
We are a little past the getting started point (11 years later) so here’s what I bought this week and all the coupons I used.
(2) Cetaphil Face Wash, 8 oz, $9.49
(1) Cetaphil Face Wipes, 25 ct., $8.29
-25% off Facial Care, printing at CVS coupon center or in the app
(3) -$2 off Cetaphil product, excl trial size and single bars RP 7/31 or printable
Total Due: $2.45
Get Back: $10 ECB
(1) Garnier Fructis Hair Care, $2.99
(1) Schwarzkopf Ultime Hair Care, $6.99
(2) Bic Crystal Pens, 10 ct., $1.99
(2) Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, $3.99
(2) Zantac Duo Fusion, 20 ct., $8.99
(1) Gallon of Milk (not in the video), $3.98
-$1 off Garnier Fructis shampoo, conditioner or treatment, excl 1.7-3 oz trial size, RP 08/07
-$2 off Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime hair color or styling item printable
-$1/2 BIC stationery items, SS 08/07
-$2/2 Colgate Total toothpaste or any other toothpaste, printing at CVS Coupon Center
(2) -$1 off Colgate Total, Optic White, Enamel Health or Sensitive toothpaste, 3 oz+ printable
(2) -$5 off Zantac product, 24 ct.+ or Duo Fusion, 20 ct.+ printable
-$3 ECB (from last week)
Total Due: $12.90
Got Back: $15.80 ECB ($2, $2, $2.80, $4, $4, $1)
(2) Charmin Bath Tissue, 12 dbl rolls, $9.99
(1) Cottonelle, 9 rolls, $4.88
(2) -.25/1 Charmin Ultra Soft or Strong, 4 ct.+, excl Essentials Soft or Strong printable
-$1 off Scott Tube Free or Cottonelle Clean Care, CVS App coupon
Total Due: $7.56
Got Back: $5 ECB
Transaction #4 (only because we really needed batteries)
(2) Duracell Batteries, 10-16 pk., $9.99
(2) -$1 off Duracell Coppertop or Quantum Batteries, RP 07/31
Total Due: $12.98
Got Back: $5 ECB
Total Purchase Value: $125.89
Total Spent: $35.89
ECB Remaining: $5
We were done there though. I also submitted for a few apps and rebates:
After rewards and rebates it’s like getting everything for $19.90! That’s less than the price for batteries regularly, so it’s pretty awesome to walk in and get things you need and walk out with so much more than just batteries!!