This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
This week I finally hit the big 20! Excuse me while I take a second and do a little dance…
For years I would always think, “Man it would be great to lose weight before ____” but the weeks would go on and I’d make a bunch of excuses with no progress at all. This year I thought the same thing. “I would love to lose 20 lbs before we head to the beach.” For the first time it happened! I was thinking this week about the fact that it’s been right at 10 weeks. All these years I’ve put off losing weight, kind of intimidated by it, makes 10 weeks seem so tiny.
My new goal is now being in the 170’s before the beach. I have 0.8 lbs to go to hit that goal and 1 week… I’ve got this.
Seriously though seeing the numbers fall and the big picture process really does get me motivated. All of a sudden my will power is super strong and that chocolate cake looks a lot less appealing. I’m hoping I can ride this as long as possible!
While I’ve hit my first little goal I still have my big goal to work towards. If you are just tuning in, the goal is two fold. I want to hit 170 (my first big goal) and I want people to stop asking when the baby is due. Sorry, the baby was due a year ago… This week was good no one asked. I take both goals one day at a time.
Starting Weight (10 weeks ago): 202
Last Week: 185
Current Weight: 180.8
Goal Weight: 170
I lost 4.2 lbs this week, which is a lot, but does prove what effect doubling down my focus on tracking food and exercise can have. Every time I hit the next digit I say goodbye forever to the old, so here’s to my last week in the 180’s!
Wanna celebrate with me this week? How about a fun giveaway!
I’ve gathered together all of my favorite foods that I can ship you (frozen and fresh aren’t so easy) plus too fun additions. Total it’s a $120 value!
Two Winners will get the following items:
- One A Day Women’s Pro Edge Multivitamins (a big requirement when you are dieting)
- Kellogg’s Special K Pretzel Snack Bars
- Celestial Seasoning Fruit Tea Sampler (perfect 0 calorie drink)
- Crispy Fruit – Green Apples (dried apples for on the go – nothing added)
- Wonderful Pistachios
- Pop Secret 100 Calorie Pop Corn
- Quaker Steel Cut Oatmeal Packets
- Fiber One 90 calorie Snack Cookies
- Emerald Salt & Pepper Cashews (amazing and packed with protein)
- bai5 Drinks – Blood orange, Grapefruit (5 calories each)
- Special K Protein Bars (my go-to breakfast most days)
- MIRA Bluetooth Bathroom Scale with SmartPhone and Tablet tracking
- Glass Water Bottle with Colorful Nylon Sleeve, 18 oz
To enter to win, leave a comment below with one diet, fitness or health goal you have this year. Let’s all make them happen!
(this is not sponsored by any company, just me)