See I told you, this would help!
- SC = Store Coupon
- MC = Manufacturer Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- RMN = Retail Me Not
- PG = Proctor and Gamble
- WYB = When You Buy
- B1G1 = Buy One Get One Free
- .75/1 = 75 cents off one item
- .75/3 = 75 cents off three items
- EXP = Expiration Date
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
So many people come to me with questions about ways to save on meat. There are not many coupons for meat so savings can feel limited.
We still have many ways to save on meat and they are simpler than you may think.
10 Ways to Save on Meat
- Buy in bulk – team up with friends and buy part of a cow from a local farm
Here are some detailed tips about buying a cow
- Buy cheaper cuts of meat – use different cooking techniques to make cheap cuts taste great
- Buy big packages that are on sale – separate and freeze in desired serving sizes
- Buy big cuts of meat – cut them up into smaller portions/steaks
- Don’t throw out the bones – use them to make homemade broth
- Stock up when something goes on sale – freeze in desired serving sizes
- Buy frozen – it is often cheaper than fresh
- Buy meat directly from processing plants that sell to the public
- Stretch your meat – use smaller portions and add more veggies
- Avoid boneless, skin less chicken breast – this is the most expensive cut
One bonus tip:
Grab meat from a restaurant supply store in bulk. You’ll have 20-40 lbs of chicken, but at significantly lower prices than you’ll find in other store!
Check out my video on how to save on meat for more information.
If you have more ideas about ways to save on meat leave a comment below.
See more frugal living ideas.
- Latest Articles