I love a good cheese ball during holiday gatherings and this easy cheese ball recipe is no exception. It’s easy to put together and is great with crackers, vegetables, or pretzels.
Tip: This is optional, but try toasting your pecans before chopping them up! It makes for a deeper pecan flavor. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Spread the pecans in an even layer and bake, stirring once, for 5 to 7 minutes, until fragrant (they can burn easily, so keep an eye on them). Allow to cool before chopping.
Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 blocks cream cheese (16 oz total), room temperature
- 4 whole chives, finely chopped
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese (not pre-shredded)
- 1 cup shredded white sharp cheese (not pre-shredded)
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese on low until smooth.
- Add in the chives, parsley, Worcestershire, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Mix on low until well combined.
- Add in the shredded cheese and mix on low until everything is well combined.
- Using either greased, clean hands or gloves, form the mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Allow to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the ball from the plastic wrap. Spread the pecans on a plate and roll the cheese ball until fully coated.
- Wrap in a clean sheet of plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for one hour. Serve with crackers, vegetables, or pretzels.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more frugal recipes!