See I told you, this would help!
- SC = Store Coupon
- MC = Manufacturer Coupon
- SS = Smart Source
- RMN = Retail Me Not
- PG = Proctor and Gamble
- WYB = When You Buy
- B1G1 = Buy One Get One Free
- .75/1 = 75 cents off one item
- .75/3 = 75 cents off three items
- EXP = Expiration Date
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Save some money and let the kids have a blast being creative with this super simple DIY Lego Advent Calendar!
Rather than spending $20+ to buy an advent kit, just print this out and each day they have something new to create. We laminated ours and then covered it with scratch off paint (don’t worry it’s super easy to make, scroll down for instructions) and made it even more fun to have a surprise each day!
The best part is that every kid in the house can participate and create their own project that day without having to buy a calendar for each kid.
DIY Scratch Off Paint:
- Mix together:
1 part – dish soap
1 part – paint
We had acrylic and some left over chalk paint and they both worked great.
- Stir until they are both blended together well.
- Either laminate or cover the circles with clear packing tape.
- Paint over the circles and let them dry.
- Scratch off each day and start building!
This was half way through painting. The thicker chalk paint covered in one coat. Some acrylics may need a second coat so you can’t read the words.
- Latest Articles