Trying to maintain a keto diet, but miss fried chicken? This keto fried chicken recipe will help and it’s delicious!
You’ll use pork rinds as the breading instead of the traditional white flour mixture.
Easy Keto Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 bag of your favorite pork rinds
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 eggs
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1-2 cups of oil (use an oil that can take high heat, like avocado oil), enough to be about 1" deep in your skillet
- Use a food processor to grind the pork rinds into crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a resealable bag and a rolling pin to crush them.
- In a wide, shallow dish, stir together the pork rind crumbs and the salt and pepper, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add the eggs to a separate bowl and whisk.
- Lay the chicken tenderloins out on plastic wrap and cover with another layer. Pound the chicken until it's all one even layer.
- Dip the chicken tenders in the egg and then dredge in the pork rinds, making sure the chicken is fully and evenly coated (press the chicken as you go to make sure the rinds stick).
- Add the oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees.
- Working in batches (so you don't overcrowd the pan and so the oil temperature doesn't drop too much), add the chicken and fry until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking on the other side for another 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Carefully transfer the cooked chicken to a cooling rack or a plate lined with paper towels.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!