This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
This recipe for slow cooker carnitas is so easy and makes a delicious taco! Use the slow cooker to make the meat tender, then shred it and broil in the oven to get the edges crispy.
Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos Recipe
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- the juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup juice)
- the juice of 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, dried oregano, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the pork loin with the spice mixture (the whole roast should be covered).
- Put the roast in the slow cooker. Add the onion, jalapeno, orange juice, lime juice, and water and stir around to combine everything.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the meat in the slow cooker (remove any large pieces of fat) and transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil (use a slotted spoon to do this, but it's okay if some of the juice makes it to the pan).
- Broil on high in the oven for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on the meat, though; it can burn easily under the hot broiler!
- Remove from the oven and spoon a little bit of the juice from the slow cooker over the meat.
- Serve with warmed corn tortillas, red onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Created by SouthernSavers.com
See more recipe ideas!