This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
A few weeks ago I shared 20 Kid Podcasts for Car Rides, many of which are also podcasts adults will enjoy listening to as well. But the podcast world is huge, and there are so many amazing podcasts about so many topics. I’m one of those people who loves learning about new things and dives deep into certain topics when I get interested in them. As a result, I’ve listened to many podcasts over the years and have definitely settled on my favorites. Today I’m sharing the 40 best podcasts for anyone to help you find something that you find worthwhile to listen to.
If you’ve never given podcasts a try, pick one off this list that seems most interesting and give it a try. Not every podcast is for everyone—I’ve been known to give up on a podcast because I didn’t really like the sound of the podcaster’s voice. But I dare you to try all the podcasts on this list and not find one you like! I’ve divided them into categories: business/entrepreneurship, home management and personal growth, Christian mom podcasts, true crime, money/personal finance, and then a collection of miscellaneous podcasts that mostly have to do with culture, history, literature, or are just plain funny!
One tip I have for quickly figuring out if you might like a podcast is to look through the show’s archives for a topic that looks interesting, and then listen to it on 1.5 or 2 speed to kind of “skim” the episode and see what you think.
40 Best Podcasts for Anyone
Business and Entrepreneurship
I listen to every episode of these five podcasts! Since this website is our family business, I’m always looking for more tips on how to have a business that is primarily online. I also like to hear stories of other people who started their own business!
- Smart Passive Income | This podcast includes tons of tips about having an online business, marketing, and creating streams of passive income.
- Simple Pin Podcast | This is all about how to use Pinterest to market your business. I love all of her tips!
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield | Online marketing is constantly changing and Amy is a great resource for staying current.
- How I Built This with Guy Raz | Real stories of people who started their own business. It’s super inspiring!
- Brilliant Business Moms | Lots of business advice particularly for moms like me who wear many hats!
Home Management and Personal Growth
Even though I’ve been parenting and managing my home for more than a decade, I can always use fresh inspiration and the affirmation that other moms are also figuring out the best way to do things. All of these podcasts are great for moms who are in charge of their homes, but many other people would also
- The Lazy Genius | Kendra Adachi has tips on cleaning, meal planning, and surviving the summer. I listen every week!
- Didn’t I Just Feed You? | This podcast is all about how to feed your family and always gives me new ideas.
- Read Aloud Revival w/Sarah Mackenzie | Even if you don’t homeschool, you’ll get plenty of ideas to create a reading culture in your family.
- Simple | Tsh Oxenreider talks about simplicity in all areas of life. You’ll definitely find an episode that interests you!
- The Next Right Thing with Emily P. Freeman | The episodes are super short and so calming, focusing on helping you make good decisions.
Christian Mom Podcasts
I know that these might not appeal to everyone, and not even all of these will appeal to every Christian mom, but the moms who do these podcasts are all spiritually mature and yet also different in their personalities and perspectives.
- Risen Motherhood | Two sisters-in-law talk each week about very practical but very biblical topics. They have had a lot of great guest posts!
- Don’t Mom Alone | A podcast that encourages finding community and not feeling like you’re alone.
- Kindled | This podcast has a bit of a focus on moms who work away or from home, but I think all Christian moms will like it.
- Motherhood Radio withDr. Christina Hibbet | This mom is an expert on a lot of things, and I find her strategies super helpful.
- Mommin’ Ain’t Easy | The title says it all! Listen to this and know that moms everywhere are facing the same struggles.
Are you a closet true crime fan? These may not be for everyone, but if you enjoy true crime shows or books, you’re bound to love one of these podcasts.
- Crime Junkie Podcast | The episodes on this podcast are stand-alone. The host and her producer cover a different crime each week and cover the facts in an interesting and matter-of-fact way.
- In the Dark | There are two seasons of this show, and each season covers a different crime.
- Criminal | This podcast also has stand-alone episodes and covers unique, interesting, and sometimes funny crimes.
- Serial | You might be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of this one! There are three seasons, each exploring a different criminal case.
- Up and Vanished | Like Serial and In the Dark, each season covers a different story; in this case, two different unsolved crimes.
Money and Personal Finance
You’re probably not surprised that I am interested in podcasts about money and personal finance! Even though my husband and I feel like we’ve got the basics down, listening to some of these
- Dave Ramsey | Listen to people call in and hear Dave’s answers about budgeting, paying off debt, and planning for the future.
- Planet Money | This podcast features really interesting stories related to business, money, finances, and economics.
- The Minimalists Podcast | If you’re looking to simplify and benefit financially, listen to this one!
- So Money | If you’re more interested in listening to a woman talk about money, listen to Farnoosh Tarnobi!
- SeedTime Living | If you’re looking to hear about money from a Christian perspective, check out this one.
- Fresh Air | I don’t listen to every episode of this interview show, but when an interesting guest shows up, I do.
- This American Life | It’s hard to describe this one, but there’s a reason it’s been around forever. Fascinating stories of true people on a variety of topics.
- The Story Behind | Learn about the history of everyday objects that you never think about.
- Myths and Legends | If you love history or literature, this is for you. You’ll hear about familiar legends and also new ones.
- Hardcore History | This podcast is more like an audiobook in that episodes last forhours
- Currently Reading | If you like to read and are looking for new recommendations, listen to Meredith and Kaytee talk about books.
- ArtCurious Podcast | If you loved your art history class in college, this if for you—and also for the rest of us!
- Song Explorer | Hear the stories behind songs — some you’ve heard of and some you hadn’t.
- Radiolab | Saying it talks about science is understating it; it’s also about people and life and culture and emotions.
- Freakonomics Radio | Economics, culture, the way people think… it’s about money, but also about a lot more!
- Invisibilia | I guess the topic of this would be psychology and sociology, so if that interests you, check it out.
- Revisionist History | Host Malcom Gladwell talks about all kinds of things. This is one you’ll just have to try and see!
- 30 for 30 Podcasts | This isn’t really my cup of tea, but my husband loves it! If you’ve seen the ESPN documentaries, you’ll love this sports podcast.
- Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me! | A live trivia show that will help you stay on top of current events.
- Judge John Hodgman | The premise: People call in with real-life disputes and the fake “judge” decides their cases. I’ve never laughed so hard.
What are your favorite podcasts? Share them in the comments?